Barcelona has an accessible and easy to use public transportation network, with a variety of tickets suitable for all kinds of travellers.
Below is all the tourist information of interest so that you have no problems getting around Barcelona:
Train (Sants Station)
The train station closest to the hotel is the Estación de Sants-Barcelona, where the long distance trains, AVE (high speed train) and commuter trains converge.
The location of the hotel at the Barcelona Sants station offers additional comfort and accessibility for travellers arriving at Expo Hotel Barcelona by AVE directly to the Estación de Sants Train Station.
The tickets for the Barcelona public transport allow you to combine trips on the Metro, commuter trains (1 zone), bus, tram and trains.
Valid for nº of days or nº of journeys: In Barcelona, you can buy tickets for a specified number of days, with no limit to the number of journeys, available for 2, 3, 4 and 5 days. If you prefer, you can purchase tickets with no expiry date, but with a limited nº of tickets. We recommend you that you buy those for a specified numbers of days.
- Bus Turístic (Tour Bus) Tickets: There are tickets for 1 or 2 days and with different prices for adults and children. These allow you to get on and off the Barcelona Bus Turístic (Tour Bus) whenever you want with the same ticket and to visit all the interesting sights of Barcelona.
- Barcelona Card: This is a multi-advantage card designed to visit Barcelona. They are available for 2 to 5 days and include discounts or free access to museums, cultural areas, shows, restaurants, shops, and other services and unique types of transport.
- Where can I buy the transport tickets?
All the tickets can be bought at the various Metro, commuter train or train network stations in Barcelona as well as from the Barcelona Tourist Offices.
Using the Barcelona Metro system is easy thanks to all the indications you find throughout the entire Metro network. All the access entrances to the metro have help maps so that you can organize your route; you will also be able to request maps at all Barcelona Metro ticket office of free of charge.
On the other hand, Barcelona is constantly working to ensure that all the stations are accessible for wheelchair users. Now, almost the whole Metro network is accessible for people with disabilities, with direct access lifts from the street to the platform.
Barcelona Bus Turístic (Tour Bus)
In front of the hotel, just opposite the Estación de Sants Train Station, there is a stop for the Barcelona Bus Turístic (Tour Bus).
The double-decker Barcelona Bus Turístic (Tour Bus) takes you around and helps you discover the most attractive and interesting sights in Barcelona, in an easy way and with an audio guide. You can combine the 3 sightseeing routes on the same ticket, and you can, of course, get on and off the bus as often as you want at any of the 44 stops.
- Double-decker buses
- 3 sightseeing routes with a single ticket, valid for 1 or 2 days.
- 6 connection points to combine the 3 sightseeing bus routes.
- 44 stops at interesting points.
- Audio Guide in 10 languages.
- The Bus Turístic (Tour Bus) passes frequently, every 25 or every 5 minutes, depending on the season.